Sukitoru
Character Name
Kine Lidomast

Indefinite Servants
CONSTRUCTS; OF GOLEMANCY

CREDIT UNKNOWN

“Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.”
- Aasirmov, the First Golemancer

Golemancy is an art long-lost. Once utilized by the wizened sages of Miruvor to create constructs to guard their tombs, it is an art of Temporal and Astral nature - The manipulation of the mechanical and soul based powers to make living soldiers of clay and wood that protect their ivory towers. The creatures made from golemancy can vary from tiny servants of terracotta, to beautiful replica people made of porcelain, to gigantic stone soldiers. As a general rule, it’s wise not to underestimate a golem’s ability of strength - Though, they lack the agility of mortals or other races.

Unyieldingly and extremely obedient to their bound creator, they can be soldiers or house-servants - Their purposes vary.

To perform Golemancy, one must be knowledgeable in the ritual that is to create a golem. While one might think so at first, it is not exclusively performed by runemages, and was perhaps the reason for so many constructs existing and guarding the tombs of those who’d fallen in the pasts of elvendom; Anyone can perform Golemancy, so long as they know the ritual’s method, and the components they require.

A MECHANICAL HEART - On a Golem Core

Golems are hardly considered ‘living’. Their core, however, is the most ‘living’ part of them. If destroyed, the golem will no longer operate, and like a heart, it beats on its own with powerful temporal and astral magic. The golem’s core is a perfect, complex sphere with an almost spiritual connection to it’s creator, imbued with temporal gemstones and astral pieces that all connect together. Because of this, however, a golem’s core is as fragile as that crystal - Only about as durable as a solid ball of glass. Inscribing it with its creator’s name in any language, however, finalizes it’s creation.

If this core is destroyed, the body becomes inert and unable to operate. If another core is placed into the corpse, even then it will not work. The only person who can “revive” the golem is it’s original creator, either by creating a whole new body and core, or replacing the core with another identical one. Both of these cores can either be powered majorly with the magic they are associated with, or a Temporal soul.

If a Temporal soul is used in the creation of a core, the core is capable of coming back to life at the Temporal rune, reconstructed from nearby materia conjured from the Temporal realm and given spirit by the Astral plane. Cores without Temporal souls require their master to be recreated, though their master is made aware of their perishing one month after the fact (24 OOC hours) so they are not forever lost.

• The core cannot be housed inside a golem’s limbs, and must be somewhere within the upper body, hip, or head areas of the golem.
  • If a golem’s core becomes exposed through the breaking of its body, only a simple strike is needed to shatter it due to it’s sheer fragility.
  • All Golem Cores will need to be represented by an RP item, and have the name of the creator, who it operates for, and the golem’s name.
  • A golemancer can create a maximum of 3 golems ever. To create more, one must be destroyed.
  • Cores cannot be made any other way and will always be glass-like in durability.
  • Example Core:

OF SHAPE - Creation Process and Costs

Shaping the body of ceramic, carving, and creating it’s heartly core, takes a similarly ages-long time and is exhausting magically and physically, preventing creation of more for a long duration of time (1 month OOC). If a Golem’s core doesn’t follow the above prerequisites, the creative process will fail, and the entire shell will crumble to a pile of loose wood and clay.

The core is the final step of a Golem’s creation, that being the temporal fuel. This core is white-hot to the touch, extremely heavy, and difficult to keep on one’s person without being burnt or encumbered. In the most literal sense, it is the light in the eyes of the Golem, and the glow and hum of their voice. The golem’s entire body is made of solid clay-ceramic mixture, stone-like, though more durable.

• To create a Golem, a player must acquire the proper materials. Those materials are as follows, but are entirely negligible and up for the LT to change, tweak or deny;
    • Golems have to be humanoid in proportion.
    • 10 x Construct Ceramic
      • When crushing 2 diamonds, followed by sifting it, it creates 1 Sifted Diamond Dust stock.
      • When pulverizing 10 gold blocks, it creates 1 Gold Dust.
      • 1 Sifted Diamond Dust stock combined with 9 Clay and 10 Gold Dust can be used to create 1 Construct Ceramic.
      • This effectively is used for the “muscles" of the golem, transferring the construct-based energy throughout the body.
    • 16 x Ancient Wood (Sub-iron Durab.), Dragonwood (Iron Durab.), or Ent Wood (Steel Durab.)
      • Each wood piece represents a major bone in the body of the golem.
    • 1 x Golem Core
      • 5 x Imbued Diamonds
      • 5 x Imbued Opals
      • 20 x Mithril Fragments
      • Optional: A Temporal soul.
        • Maybe a mortal soul, could be cool, probably not possible.
        • Would open up the avenue of turning dying allies into rock forms.
          • They'd likely lose all memory if this avenue was taken.

Physical Characteristics:
Height:
Golems can range from a minimum of 5’5 feet in height (1.6 meters) to 8 feet (2.4 meters) in height. They are afflicted by major slowness if they exceed a specific height, however.
Age: Golems do not age traditionally, and only take on chips, dents, or dings which show weathering - Age by erosion and existence.
Features: Golems tend to have very defined and carved features like statues or carvings with flattened brows and glowing eyes. Some can even grow flora on themselves or in themselves, as it does not impede them, and can simulate “hair” in a manner.
Eye Colors: The eyes of most golems glow with a dim, cool light ranging in color from blue, to green, to yellow or red.
Hair Colors: N/A. Golems do not have hair.
Skin Colors: The color of various stones, like granite, porcelain, stone, or chiseled marble.

A MORTAL EGRESS - Strengths

Golems, when awakened and given life, are sentient - And quite capable, at that, “muscle” wise. They are slow to react to things, but can be powerful if given some time to move; Their strengths vary as servants or soldiers, though they are considerably powerful in any regard when faced against a single soldier. Although incomparable to the likeness of Death Knights, Earthly Golems, or Atronachs, they are still quite powerful.

ROCK AND STONE
A Golem’s arcane clay is durable a stone, and they do not need to sleep, breathe, drink, or eat. They can “rest” by sitting in place for one hour, and during that time, they are fully sentient and conscious, just immobile. Similarly, they are immune to mortal disease and nonmagical poisons.

• A Golem’s surface is as durable as solid stone by default. They are vulnerable to lightning attacks, as earth elementals are.
  • Golems have equal strength to a mortal.
  • Golems are extremely heavy, and weigh double the amount of a mortal of their size.
  • Golems do not need to sleep, breathe, drink, or eat. They can “rest” by sitting in place for one hour, and during that time, they are fully sentient and conscious, just immobile. Similarly, they are immune to mortal disease and nonmagical poisons.
    • This makes them similarly unable to use potions.
PAIN FOR NONE
Golems can have different sensations of pain from mortals; They do not feel it, for the most part, and instead only sense the destruction or harm of their body. Losing a limb is surface-level, as it is repairable. They are not necessarily panicked or jostled by pain, similarly, and it is difficult to bring one pain.

• This does not, however, make them invincible. Just majorly without pain.
  • Golems are bloodless, and so venoms and other blood related amenities are ineffective or not applicable to them.
TIMELESS
Golems, for the most part, are immortal in the sense that they are not affected by age as most normal mortals are. Though they cannot heal naturally, they do not suffer age, withering, or rotting. They can gain notches, weathered parts of their body, and similar, as normal buildings and statues do, to show “age”.

• Golems lack “maturity”, and are akin to newborn children when initially created (if they are made without soul or memory). They gain experience and maturity through living, their “age” giving them wisdom and tact.
FORGESWORN
Golems are immune to the likes of any flames, as it will cavalcade across their solid stone bodies and seemingly ‘bounce’ off. The heat of ambience or even magical sort does not bother them, and their temporally-bound forms are outright immune to all forms of heat.

• They are not immune to impacts, such as the sling-bullet power of a firebolt.
  • This does not, however, qualify their equipment as inflammable, unless those pieces are lore-written to be as such.
TEMPORAL GAP
Golems, aligned with temporality, are immune to holy and ethereal magic; They are considered alignment-less when it comes to good or evil, death or undeath, and as such it has no effect on their immutable forms. They also lack “minds” to attack with psychic blasts or mental burns, though they can still be tricked with visual illusions.
  • Golems are clearly golems, and cannot be entirely disguised. They can seem to be mortal, but will ALWAYS have major inaccuracies.
  • They are similarly unable to acquire Runemagic, Blessings, & Sorcery. They can acquire magic aligned with the Temporal element.
    • This can be acquired through enchantments, or some other means.

SCION’S HEEL - Weaknesses

Golems seem quite durable, and with their generally long-living nature, they would be wondrous guards and amazing partners in adventure or otherwise - perfect creatures, perhaps. This, however, is incorrect, as a Golem has weaknesses and restrictions .. Just as mortals do.

STONE FACED
A Golem’s face does not change, their jaw only moving (if they are built with one) to speak. They similarly lack major emotional expression, and can appear overly intimidating. They can be made with very basic emotionally expressive manners of appearance, but are not too good at showing emotions. Their tone of voice can change, however.

• Golems do not “react slower” but move slower in response. They can perceive and interpret things as a mortal can, but they cannot move as quickly to react to it. In essence, their perception and thought moves faster than their body can.
OBEDIENCE
Golems cannot disobey those who created them. As a matter of fact, a command, processed by the impotent but otherwise unhindered mind of a golem, becomes similar to a compulsion. There is an unyielding urge to follow their maker’s order, and the completion of it imbues a great sense of satisfaction in the golem. The previous life or experiences of a Golem blurs once a command is given to them, and while they remain conscious and aware, the satisfaction and comfort of following an order outweighs what a Golem can control if given by their maker.

• Upon creation, a Golem is given great reverence and respect to its creator almost instantly. They, from that point, must follow three inalienable laws related to the simulacrum’s operation - Should they try to break these laws, they would be unable to.
    • A golem may not injure their creator or, through inaction, allow their creator to come to harm.
    • A golem must obey the orders given it by its creator except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
      • Upon following orders, a golem is filled with satisfaction and a semblance of elation.
    • A golem must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.
    • Should they break these laws, their core ceases to operate.
UNWIELDY
Golems are extremely slow, and move at half the speed of a normal mortal. Their speed can be augmented by magical means, but they move at 7 blocks per action by default. With height, they move even slower.

• Golems above 6 feet in height have their speed reduced to 5 blocks per action.
  • Golems below 6 feet in height only have their speed reduced to 7 blocks per action.
  • This can be reflected by a golem constantly using the /walk plugin.
CRITICAL REPAIR
Golems do not naturally heal. They must “heal” by receiving repair from others, and cannot heal otherwise. If their whole body is destroyed, they require an entirely new one to be created, and cannot operate without one.

• An already-operational Golem’s core can be placed into a new body, and by temporal alignment, the soul will adjust to the body. This cannot occur, however, if the character is not willing OOC. This process takes 1 month in character.
  • Warhammers, crow beaks, and other strong-armed weapons work more effectively against the stonework of a Golem's body. Not too dissimilar to a dwarf mining away at iron-ore.

• A Golem can “progress” by upgrading it’s limbs, unlocking durability, strength, speed, or even other magical resistances or similar by using specific materials?
  • A golemancer could possibly enchant the golem’s limbs with various attachments
  • A Golem can “progress” by upgrading it’s mental functionality, unlocking use of ‘abilities’ or ‘skills’. These skills would allow for specific feats of combat or environmental movement. For example, a ‘Stunning Strike’ could stun a hit creature for 1 action, but would have a steep cooldown. Another concept is being able to use a skill perhaps called “Accelerationn”, moving twice their current movement speed in 1 action, with (like before) a steep cooldown.

EXAMPLES OF GOLEMS

1630131979235.png
1630132061797.png

Credit to:
D&D for inspiration,
various roleplay mediums for ideas on redlines,
@sarkicism , @gross , @Haseroth ,
& @Karim for ideas for minor ability changes,
thanks for reading.

Last edited:
OP
Sukitoru

Sukitoru

Lore
Reaction score
Username
Sukitoru
Character Name
Kine Lidomast
SUBMISSION NAME
Constructs

SUBMISSION DESCRIPTION
A playable that can be made by players after much trial and tribulation with material pieces and parts. A unique alternative niche that current playables cannot (or rather do not) fill.

IN-UNIVERSE BACKGROUND
Constructs have and will continue to exist as Temporal or Astral aligned creatures (I can't tell which.) and to that end they

ARGUMENT
A cool alternative that takes advantage of preexisting lore to allow players to play cool rock people. I know I'm LT, so I can just do this in the Lore Team channels that I have access to, but I also wanted to see people's opinions and get feedback on it from the community for sake of transparency and inclusivity :D.

NECESSARY CHANGES TO LORE
Not much. These exist already! This would just make them playable.

@Sukitoru for credit.

Reaction score
Username
wootdahnoot
Character Name
THE ELF.
Discord
woot#4467
Meh, I don’t think creatures who you can command to do stuff is allowed so, it sounds cool but it’s gonna be messy I feel like.

OP
Sukitoru

Sukitoru

Lore
Reaction score
Username
Sukitoru
Character Name
Kine Lidomast
Meh, I don’t think creatures who you can command to do stuff is allowed so, it sounds cool but it’s gonna be messy I feel like.
I don't recall such a rule being created for creatures that are played by other users?

Golems / constructs would be played by other users, I mean. You cannot have a non player character golem, otherwise that is easily abusable - hence why players have to play as the golem.

Ognevolchitsa

Reaction score
Username
Ognevolchitsa
Character Name
Dan D.D.Phiero || Arielle Lee
I like that thing, +1

Twodiks

Reaction score
Eh, for something designed to be player made creations. I feel like the whole concept is sorta rigid in design. I get that you have ideas about progression paths, but I feel like that should be expanded much more before if this actually becomes playable. Like traits creators can give when designing a golem. Also the obedience thing I feel is a bit iffy. I think it should be way more flexible for golems to become more independent or even more dependent on their creator, as I think it'd be a cool rp for some. Also I think it's a bit weird for the three laws of robotics to be some "natural" sort of thing. They're safeguards made by creators, and it should be up to creators of golems to implement them if anything.

OP
Sukitoru

Sukitoru

Lore
Reaction score
Username
Sukitoru
Character Name
Kine Lidomast
Eh, for something designed to be player made creations. I feel like the whole concept is sorta rigid in design. I get that you have ideas about progression paths, but I feel like that should be expanded much more before if this actually becomes playable. Like traits creators can give when designing a golem. Also the obedience thing I feel is a bit iffy. I think it should be way more flexible for golems to become more independent or even more dependent on their creator, as I think it'd be a cool rp for some. Also I think it's a bit weird for the three laws of robotics to be some "natural" sort of thing. They're safeguards made by creators, and it should be up to creators of golems to implement them if anything.
good point

to the first thing: i am just trying to get golems approved at all, to be frank - before adding modifications, the first "base" or "default" should be added imo, then i can skew off of that (or others can skew off of that) and make diff kinds of golems o_o which would be epic!

the idea was that the three laws of robotics would be sort-of integral to the golem's make, and so it'd give it a distinctual feature - i could make them free willed, but they should still have some sort of reverence to their creator & their creator's orders

skippy369

VIP
Reaction score
Username
skippy369
Character Name
Skippy Bronzebeard
Discord
Skippy#1354
To clarify, we do not allow players to roleplay for NON-PLAYER CHARACTERS - such as wolves, horses, etc. (When I say this, I mean roleplay for, so instances such as The horse would begin running while Skippy is not on it - charging into the enemy! This is roleplaying for a non-player character, which we don't allow. Utilizing a non-player character in your emote is fine, however, such as Skippy would bring his horse into a charge, with the aim to maul his enemy under the horse! Do also note that ETs/LTs may be able to roleplay for non-player characters as it is the nature of their staff team.)

Reaction score
Username
wootdahnoot
Character Name
THE ELF.
Discord
woot#4467
To clarify, we do not allow players to roleplay for NON-PLAYER CHARACTERS - such as wolves, horses, etc. (When I say this, I mean roleplay for, so instances such as The horse would begin running while Skippy is not on it - charging into the enemy! This is roleplaying for a non-player character, which we don't allow. Utilizing a non-player character in your emote is fine, however, such as Skippy would bring his horse into a charge, with the aim to maul his enemy under the horse! Do also note that ETs/LTs may be able to roleplay for non-player characters as it is the nature of their staff team.)
yeah but it just sounds scuffed ngl

Burnsalan20

Creator_Alan
Reaction score
I suggested something similar but
I don't recall such a rule being created for creatures that are played by other users?

Golems / constructs would be played by other users, I mean. You cannot have a non player character golem, otherwise that is easily abusable - hence why players have to play as the golem.
When I was et I suggested multiple times a playable race golem type creature sort of like your constructs but not as detailed. It was always shut down by pie for various reasons. I think it has a better chance of going somewhere now though

Reaction score
Username
TheWizarddd
Character Name
Aaron Thundereye
Discord
TheWizarddd#4936
Sounds epic
+1

garmidon

Reaction score
Username
ThunderCaster
Character Name
Oryyn/Emily A.Reykian
Discord
garmidon#4917
do LTs need to post stuff in player lore for it to be accepted?

AnagramMewon

Reaction score
Username
AnagramBowie
Character Name
Felicia Grima
Discord
Kazoooo#6312
I honestly really like this idea, even if in practice it's prolly gonna be scuffed as hell. It's really nice to have some more unique playable races! I only read it once or twice, but I do like the idea of the golemancer giving their golem an upgrade by adding on materials and supplies to further its progression. Though a few questions do come to my mind: Aside from magic, is there anything a golem can't have on themselves or be equipped by the golemancer? Such as mithril plating on the golem's stone skin to make up from its potentially weak wooden skeleton, and even giving the core more protection? What of tools ingrained into the golem itself and its mechanical body, like... I dunno, a constantly swinging pickaxe attached to the back of its hand, de/activated upon command by the golemancer? What of weapons and shields? Could a golem potentially cover itself in oil and become a burning flame, torching those around them?

I know I'm giving mostly combat questions, so I'll give some more roleplay oriented ones: Does a golem naturally feel emotion other than the elation of serving their golemancer, or is that taught by their creator themselves? If it is of a Temporal soul, would the golem have to relearn the way they felt things; how they think? Assuming a golem is like any mortal, learning from the environment and those who teach them, can it express preferences towards their golemancer?

Jesus this was a lot of weirdass questions lmao, apologies if this was incoherent or vague, it's like 1 AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.