Sukitoru

Sukitoru

Lore
Reaction score
Username
Sukitoru
Character Name
Kine Lidomast
I honestly really like this idea, even if in practice it's prolly gonna be scuffed as hell.
all the playables are truthfully against what was "originally envisioned" for them, and or "scuffed as hell", so i think that's par for the course

Aside from magic, is there anything a golem can't have on themselves or be equipped by the golemancer?
they cannot wear armor because they lack the joints mortals have, akin to cosantoirs.

What of tools ingrained into the golem itself and its mechanical body, like... I dunno, a constantly swinging pickaxe attached to the back of its hand, de/activated upon command by the golemancer?
if they replaced a hand with a pickaxe, then it is a golem with a pickaxe hand. Fail to see what's hard to get about it, ja

What of weapons and shields? Could a golem potentially cover itself in oil and become a burning flame, torching those around them?
yes, a golem can wield weapons. yes, it can dunk itself in flammable materials and be on fire for a short bit.

Does a golem naturally feel emotion other than the elation of serving their golemancer, or is that taught by their creator themselves?
they feel a greatly dulled sensation of emotion outside of servitude's "elation". they learn of emotions as they "live", whether taught or witnessed.

If it is of a Temporal soul, would the golem have to relearn the way they felt things; how they think? Assuming a golem is like any mortal, learning from the environment and those who teach them, can it express preferences towards their golemancer?
yes, they would have to relearn. yes, it can express preference, but preference, like any other desire of the golem, is ignored in the face of an order.

Jesus this was a lot of weirdass questions lmao, apologies if this was incoherent or vague, it's like 1 AM.
i appreciate your feedback, don't be afraid to give it :D

Anderssn

VIP
Reaction score
EXAMPLES OF GOLEMS
Not a huge fan of golems being too similar to humanoids and you mentioned no hair but the references have hair, I prefer piles of rock.

1630131979235.png

1630132061797.png

Maybe something like this at most? I feel like too defined features might not be durable enough. Though I suppose they could wear some type of cosmetics?

OP
Sukitoru

Sukitoru

Lore
Reaction score
Username
Sukitoru
Character Name
Kine Lidomast
Not a huge fan of golems being too similar to humanoids and you mentioned no hair but the references have hair, I prefer piles of rock.

View attachment 9025

View attachment 9026
Maybe something like this at most? I feel like too defined features might not be durable enough. Though I suppose they could wear some type of cosmetics?
i too like piles of rock but i mentioned in my post that its possible for them to have "hair" via growing it on them etc - its truthfully just to allow for more flexibility appearance-wise, and they arent super-durable to start with

however, i will keep your suggestions in mind and i have added your images to the examples - because they're quite good, and fit great with the aesthetic i had in mind!

Karim

VIP
Reaction score
Username
Karim__
Discord
Karim#4233
The notion and premise of this concept are to be accepted, however, not yet implemented. The playables team, alongside Suki, will be shifting their focus on working on further developing the idea into a more fleshed-out, concluded one to best suit the team's guidelines by setting firm redlines, improved measures based on the feedback given, and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.